Navigation

Topnews

Menu kategorii

Events 2017

In 2016 on average every 30 seconds a new name appeared in the .pl domain

NASK has just published the newest report „.PL domain name market for the fourth quarter of 2016”. According to the report in 2016 on average every 30 seconds a new name appeared in the .pl domain. From January to December last year 1 055 971 names were registered.

In the .pl registry, at the end of 2016, 2 703 165 active names were maintained for 1 025 472 registrants. The .pl domain strengthened its 6th position in the breakdown of most popular country code domains amongst tens of other top level extensions in the ccTLD market of the EU countries. The first five positions are held consecutively by the registers from Germany, Great Britain, Holland, France and Italy. The size of the European ccTLD market is estimated for ca. 70 million domain names.

It is worthwhile to note that the share of the .pl domain in Poland, as compared to other domains, is the largest and constitutes currently ca. 73%. Remaining ca. 27% represent generic domains (e.g. .com, .net, .info) and other country code domains. In comparison with other countries, the share of local domains, such as .de in Germany, .fr in France or .it in Italy, does not exceed 65% - summarizes the results of the fourth quarter of 2016 – summarizes the results of the fourth quarter of 2016 Wojciech Kamieniecki, NASK Director.

 

The highest share in the number of maintained names, 25.52%, was represented by entrepreneurs, organizations and private persons from the Mazowieckie Province, followed by the registrants domiciled in the Śląskie Province (11.04%), in Małopolskie (9.78%).

 

The full report for the fourth quarter of 2016 can be downloaded here: www.dns.pl

up