Navigation

Topnews

Menu kategorii

Events 2016

.PL domain registry for the second quarter of 2016

At the end of the first half of 2016 the volume of the .pl domain registry amounted to 2 713 345 names active in DNS, maintained for 1 022 thousand registrants.

The results, presented in the report for the second quarter of 2016, prove the stability on the .pl domain market after the period of attaining record results both in the number of new registrations and the growth dynamics of the number of names active in DNS during some of the previous quarters. In this respect it is worthwhile to note that despite the low growth rate of the .pl domain names, recorded during the second quarter, the annual growth of the registry, at the end of June 2016, attained a satisfying level of 4.62% in respect to the result at the level of 3% recorded by the registries associated in CENTR.

During the second quarter of 2016 in the .pl domain registry 261 843 new registrations were recorded. The number of new registrations in particular months amounted to 94 272 in April, 86 243 in May and 81 328  in June. A daily average number of registrations equaled 2 877. The month with the highest daily average number of domain name registrations was April with the result of 3 142 new names. The .pl domain registry, at the end of June 2016, contained 1 022 054 registrants with 66.95% thereof being enterpreneurs and remaining 33.05% natural persons.

As it results from the data, presented in the report, the renewal rate remained at the level corresponding with that of the previous quarter (62.11%). Registrants renewed nearly 380 thousand .pl domain names and more often used the service of the modification of a billing period end-date - informs Wojciech Kamieniecki, Director of NASK.

It is worthy of note that the interest in the service of DNSSEC was still growing. At the end of the first half of 2016 the number of .pl domain names, secured with the DNSSEC protocol, amounted to 28 794, by 1 133 more than in the first quarter.

 

  • .PL Domain Report 2016
up